ASL Pop-up Player
DCMP members often request the addition of American Sign Language interpretation as an accessibility feature. To this end, we're excited to present our latest feature: The ASL Pop-up! Select videos now include ASL interpretation through a pop-up window.
While DCMP has hundreds of videos in ASL (which can be identified by the circular ASL icon), our new pop-up feature allows for the addition of sign language interpretation to content that is not natively in ASL. Videos with the pop-up feature have an "interpret" icon at the bottom of the player window (see above image). Click the icon to launch the pop-up, and reposition the window by clicking and dragging.
There are currently a limited number of videos with the ASL pop-up, but don’t worry; DCMP will be producing more. If you have suggestions for which DCMP videos should be interpreted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A House for Hermit Crab (English & Spanish)
- And Then It’s Spring
- Ask an Astronomer: How Do You Discover an Asteroid?
- Bink & Gollie
- Bink & Gollie: Two for One
- Biosphere (Spanish)
- Career Connections: Marketing Specialist (Open Educational Resource)
- Children Make Terrible Pets
- Competition & Cooperation: Bears Vs. Wolves
- Henry’s Freedom Box
- Learn to Count With Max the Glow Train and His Team: The Amazing Water Adventure (English & Spanish)
- The Time Compass: Mesopotamia
- The Time Compass: India
- Requesón (Spanish)
- School’s First Day of School (English & Spanish)
The ASL for these videos was created through a collaboration with Dicapta as part of their OSEP-funded Television Access Grant (H327C15009).