Social Skills: Putting the "C" in Cool
In May 2011, the Texas Education of Blind and Visually Impaired Students Advisory Committee offered teachers, parents, and students with visual impairments across the United States and Canada an opportunity to submit a short video on the theme, "Social Skills: Putting the ‘C’ in Cool." The contest provided a perfect opportunity to highlight a favorite lesson to teach social skills at home, school, or in the community.
For each winning video, you will find a short description, lesson plan, and the video lesson.
We are pleased to say the Described Caption Media Program (DCMP) partnered with the Texas Education of Blind and Visually Impaired Students Advisory Committee to provide captions and description for each video.
Social Skills Subcommittee of the Texas Education of Blind and Visually Impaired Students Advisory Committee
- Michele Chauvin, President of the Texas Association of Parents of Children with Visual Impairments
- Virginia Haas, Administrative Supervisor of Low Incidence Populations, Austin Independent School District
- Alaine Hinds, Parent and Community Organizer, ARC of Texas
- Cyral Miller, Director of Outreach Programs, TSBVI
- Rona Pogrund, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Special Education, Texas Tech University
- Mary Ann Siller, M.Ed., Education Consultant for Blind and Low Vision Services