Bringing Video Description into the 21st Century Webinar
This an archive video of the Video Description Research and Development Center webinar #1 - Bringing Video Description Into The 21st Century. The webinar occurred January 24, 2012. Topics in this webinar include: (1) A teachers' guide to using video description; (2) A comprehensive overview of resources for obtaining described materials; and (3) A sneak peak at the description technologies of the future being developed at the VDRDC. Presenters included Dr. Joshua Miele, Director of the VDRDC; Jim Stovall, President of Narrative TV Network; Jason Stark, Director of the Described and Captioned Media Program; Joel Snyder, Director of the Audio Description Project at the American Council of the Blind; and Emily Bell, Multimedia Manager at CaptionMax.
Viewers can earn Continuing Education Credits, but you must register for the webinar(s) you intend to view by clicking the button below. If you are not interested in earning CEUs, you can view the video on this page.
Other webinars in this series:
- VDRDC Webinar 1 - Bringing Video Description into the 21st Century
- VDRDC Webinar 2 - Do It Yourself Educational Description
- VDRDC Webinar 2 - Do It Yourself Educational Description (Spanish)
- VDRDC Webinar 3 - YouDescribe – How You Can Add Audio Description to Any YouTube Video!
- VDRDC Webinar 4 - Going Pro: Using YouDescribe in the Classroom and Beyond