skip to main content

The Americans With Disabilities Act: The Americans With Disabilities Act and the College Years (Part Two)

22 minutes 16 seconds

Now Playing As: Captioned (English)

Part two explains the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and how it applies to postsecondary education for students who are deaf and hard of hearing. Viewers learn the differences between the ADA and other legislation, such as the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA). Current CEO of NAD, Howard Rosenblum narrates and shows how the law impacts access and accommodations as well as the provisions of equipment. This segment is also presented in American Sign Language. Part of the "The Americans With Disabilities Act" series.

Media Details

Runtime: 22 minutes 16 seconds

Man in suit signs with hands crossed at his chest. Title card reads, "Definition of 'Disability.' " Text on screen reads, "Other types of disabilities defined under A, D, A. Regarded as having such an impairment." Caption. That person is protected under the A, D, A.
The Americans With Disabilities Act
Episode 1
33 minutes 8 seconds
Grade Level: PT/TT -
Man in a suit signs with both hands. Title card reads, "Are All Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students Protected by the A, D, A?" Text on screen reads, "Disability equals physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity. Physical impairment includes deaf and hard of hearing." Caption. Does the A, D, A protect all deaf and hard of hearing students?
The Americans With Disabilities Act
Episode 2
22 minutes 16 seconds
Grade Level: PT/TT -

Viewer Comments

  • Tiny default profile photo
    Michael D. (Tucson, AZ)
    May 9th, 2019 at 05:55 PM

    Video is good quality and the material is very informative. A pretty technical topic, but definitely provides good information in a precise and clear way.