Skip to main content

DCMP

Menu

Creative Living With Sheryl Borden #6615

All Topics » Topic: Arts » Subject: Crafts » Creative Living With Sheryl Borden #6615
  • 2013
  • Grade/Interest Level: 7 - 12
  • Running Time: 27 minutes
  • Captioned English

Synopsis:

Sue Hanson stops by to discuss leadership and the need to lead, while another guest creates the perfect party favors. And Christine Alt uses candles to create a relaxing atmosphere.

Transcript:

>> "CREATIVE LIVING," UTILIZING TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY WITH THE BEST
OF THE PAST TO BRING YOU INNOVATIVE IDEAS AND UP-TO-DATE
INFORMATION FOR CREATIVE LIFESTYLES IN TODAY'S ACTIVE
WORLD, WITH YOUR HOST SHERYL BORDEN.
>> THANKS SO MUCH FOR JOINING ME TODAY FOR "CREATIVE LIVING."
WE'RE GOING TO LEARN ABOUT LEADERSHIP AND LEARN HOW TO
BECOME A BETTER LEADER.
WE'LL ALSO SHOW HOW TO MAKE PERFECT PARTY FAVORS FOR ANY
THEMED PARTY, AND WE'LL TALK ABOUT TAKING INDOOR DECOR
OUTSIDE FOR A WHOLE NEW LOOK.
ONE OF MY GUESTS IS SUE HANSEN, AND SHE'S A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER
FROM MONTROSE, COLORADO.
SUE'S GOING TO TALK ABOUT "THE NEED TO LEAD" AND EXPLAIN
EXACTLY WHAT LEADERSHIP ENTAILS.
ANOTHER GUEST IS KRISTINE WIDTFELDT, AND SHE'S GOING TO
SHOW HOW TO MAKE INVITATIONS, ENVELOPES, CUPCAKE LINERS,
FAVOR TUBES, AND MUCH MORE.
KRISTINE IS WITH "CLOSE TO MY HEART" IN PLEASANT GROVE, UTAH.
AND WE'LL BEGIN THIS SHOW WITH CHRISTINE ALT, WHO IS A
CONSULTANT WITH "PARTYLITE" IN PLYMOUTH, MASSACHUSETTS.
CHRISTINE WILL SHOW HOW TO BRING INDOOR DECOR OUTSIDE AND EXPLAIN
HOW USING CANDLES CAN HELP CREATE A FENG SHUI ATMOSPHERE.
CHRISTINE, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING WITH US TODAY, AND...
>> THANK YOU.
>> WHAT AMAZES ABOUT ALL THE BEAUTIFUL CANDLES AND HOLDERS
THAT YOU'VE BROUGHT IS HOW VERSATILE THEY ARE AND HOW YOU
CAN CHANGE THEM. THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE THE SAME PIECE.
>> THAT'S RIGHT, THAT'S RIGHT.
VERSATILITY IS VERY IMPORTANT, UM, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU WANT TO
GET MORE BANG WITH YOUR BUCK.
UM, BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE TO DECORATE INDOOR AND OUTDOORS.
AND SO, THESE PRODUCTS ARE FABULOUS JUST FOR THAT.
SO, UM, WHAT WE HAVE OVER HERE, AND THIS IS ONE OF OUR LITTLE
HURRICANES THAT WE HAVE, ONE OF OUR GLOLITES IN,
AND GLOLITES ARE A PARTYLITE PANT--PATENTED CANDLE.
>> WHAT--WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
>> WELL, ACTUALLY, WHAT IT MEANS IS THAT IT GLOWS.
IT'S BEEN, UM-- IT'S BEEN CREATED SO THAT IT CAN
GLOW ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE CANDLE VERSUS JUST ON THE TOP.
>> OH! SO, YOU HAVE LIGHT ALL THE WAY THROUGH?
>> THAT'S RIGHT, SO IT'S GOING TO ILLUMINATE YOUR HURRICANE
OR YOUR LANTERN OR, YOU KNOW, ANYWHERE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE
JUST A LITTLE EXTRA ADDED TOUCH IN THERE.
>> AND IT'S "GLOLITE."
>> THAT'S RIGHT.
IT'S A GLOLITE BY PARTYLITE, THAT'S CORRECT.
>> GOSH, AND THAT HOLDER-- I MEAN, I'M JUST THINKING,
MY MIND'S GOING CRAZY, I'M THINKING OF ALL THE
DIFFERENT THINGS YOU COULD USE WITH THAT ONE HOLDER.
>> YES, YOU COULD DO SO MUCH.
I MEAN, I HAVE IT RIGHT HERE, IT IS VERSATILE TO PUT, UM, HERE
IN--IN ONE OF OUR STANDS, WHICH I'M USING AS A WINE BUCKET,
BUT THE GREAT THING IS THIS COULD ALSO GO OUTDOOR, YOU KNOW?
IT'S GOT THIS CUTE LITTLE STAND.
IT KIND OF LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE CHIMNEY, DOESN'T IT?
SO, KIND OF CUTE FOR AN OUTDOOR PATIO.
>> SO, WITH THE--THE METAL THAT'S ON THE DIFFERENT PIECES,
IT JUST AUTOMATICALLY TIES THEM ALL TOGETHER.
>> YES, ABSOLUTELY.
AND, AGAIN, UM, YOU KNOW, IT'S GOING TO CREATE JUST BEAUTIFUL
DECORATING.
UM, AND SO, WITH THIS PIECE, I LOVE IT. AGAIN,
YOU CAN PUT YOUR CANDLES IN THERE, AND GREAT,
YOU KNOW, IN--IN THE LIVING ROOM OR, YOU KNOW,
IN A BEDROOM SOMEWHERE NICE, UM, BUT IT CAN ALSO BE SWITCHED
TO OUTDOORS.
UM, AND IF YOU'RE ENTERTAINING, WHY NOT MAKE IT AN ICE BUCKET?
THAT'S RIGHT.
THAT'S RIGHT, AND YOU CAN, YOU KNOW, CUTESY IT UP WITH
JUST SOME DECORATIONS, BUT YOU CAN HAVE A LOT OF FUN
WITH IT.
>> AND THIS GLOLITE IS--IS WHAT WE HAVE
IN THE LANTERN HERE.
>> THAT'S RIGHT, YES.
WE PUT THAT IN ONE OF OUR LANTERNS, AND IN TEXAS WE DO
A LOT OF, YOU KNOW, OUTDOOR, UM, ENTERTAINING, AND LANTERNS
ARE A BIG THING, AND SO, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
THE GLOLITE IS BEAUTIFUL, HERE WITH THE TEMPERED GLASS,
AND IT JUST GLOWS, AND IT JUST LOOKS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS.
UM, AND GREAT IF YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE THAT OUTDOOR PATIO.
BUT AGAIN, THAT LANTERN IS GREAT ON A HEARTH INDOOR,
SO, WHEN IT'S NOT FOR OUTDOOR ENTERTAINING--YES.
>> WELL, AND IT WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO--IF YOU, PERHAPS, IN
YOUR LIVING ROOM, YOU'VE GOT THE JEWEL TONES, THE BLUES, OR THE
BURGUNDIES, THAT COLOR WOULD JUST BE SO SOFT AND PRETTY IN
THERE IF YOU CHANGE THE COLORS.
>> IT IS, AND IT GOES WITH ANY HOME DECOR.
UM, AGAIN, VERY VERSATILE.
SO, YOU CAN KIND OF USE IT YEAR ROUND AND GET
YOUR MONEY'S WORTH.
>> BUT I LOVE 3-WICK CANDLES.
>> YES.
>> THEY--THEY'RE JUST SO ELEGANT.
AND THAT CAN BE USED IN HERE, TOO.
>> YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.
UM, AND THE GREAT THING, YOU KNOW, WITH CANDLELIGHT,
IT CREATES AMBIANCE, IT CREATES JUST, YOU KNOW, CALM AND QUIET,
BUT ALSO SOME ELEGANCE, ESPECIALLY WHEN ENTERTAINING.
SO, A LOT OF PEOPLE PREFER THE 3-WICK.
IT DOES GIVE OFF, YOU KNOW, SOME MORE LIGHT, AND,
AS YOU CAN SEE, IT JUST GLOWS BEAUTIFULLY.
UM, THEY'RE ON THE TOP AND THAT, YOU KNOW, WAX IS
LIQUEFYING, BUT IT DOES FIT NICELY IN A LANTERN AS WELL.
UM, AND BECAUSE IT IS A 3-WICK, IT IS DESIGNED,
UM, TO HAVE A LONGER BURNING TIME.
SO, FOR THIS CANDLE, FOR EXAMPLE, IT'S OUR 3-WICK
AND IT IS 6 INCHES IN DIAMETER.
>> UH-HUH.
>> SO, IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR ENTERTAINING IN THE EVENING. YOU
COULD STICK IT IN THERE WHEN, YOU KNOW, IT'LL BE BURNING,
YOU KNOW, FOR THE EVENING.
>> SO, YOU WANT TO BURN IT ABOUT AN HOUR PER INCH.
>> YES, YOU'RE RIGHT.
ABSOLUTELY.
IT'S AN HOUR PER INCH IN DIAMETER.
UM, IN THAT WAY, THE WAX WILL TOTALLY LIQUEFY FROM
SIDE TO SIDE, IT'S NOT GOING TO DRIP, UM, AND IT WILL JUST, YOU
KNOW, CONTINUE TO BURN NICELY AND EVENLY,
AND THEN IT WILL BURN FLAT.
>> AND, IS THIS TRUE, THAT AFTER YOU, UH, EXTINGUISH THEM,
IF YOU'LL JUST SORT OF SHAPE THE SIDES, WHAT'S THAT CALLED?
>> YES, WE CALL THAT "HUGGING YOUR CANDLE."
>> HUGGING THE CANDLE.
>> THEY NEED LOVE, TOO, RIGHT?
SO, WE LIKE TO HUG THEM BACK IN PLACE, UM, AND THAT WILL
JUST KEEP THEM NICE--NICELY FORMED, SO THAT THEY'RE
READY TO BE USED THE NEXT TIME.
>> I THINK THAT THAT'S A GOOD TIP FOR PEOPLE.
>> YES, YES, ABSOLUTELY.
>> AND, UH, SOME OF YOUR PRODUCTS ARE ACTUALLY FOOD-SAFE.
THIS TRAY HAPPENS NOT TO BE ONE, BUT WHAT AN ELEGANT
CENTERPIECE BASE IT MAKES.
>> THAT'S RIGHT.
IT IS A BEAUTIFUL CENTERPIECE AND THAT YOU CAN USE, YOU KNOW,
INDOOR OR OUTDOOR, AND IT'S EVEN A GREAT SERVING TRAY, YOU KNOW.
YOU COULD PUT YOUR WINE GLASSES ON THERE AND IMPRESS YOUR
GUESTS, YOU KNOW, AND SERVE THEM THAT WAY.
>> UH-HUH, HAVE SOME SNACKS ON THERE.
>> THAT'S RIGHT, THAT'S RIGHT.
YOU CAN DO THAT, YOU KNOW, SO THAT THEY CAN, YOU KNOW, ENJOY,
YOU KNOW, BEING OUTDOORS AS WELL.
>> MM-HMM.
AND THESE LED LIGHTS ARE JUST FANTASTIC.
THEY ARE SO REAL, THE--THE FLICKERING LOOKS REAL.
>> I KNOW. AREN'T THEY AMAZING?
UM, I LOVE THE LEDs AND THAT WE CARRY ALSO, ONLY BECAUSE
THEY HAVE A TIMER ON THEM, AND THEY'RE RUN BY AA BATTERIES.
>> OH!
>> AND YOU CAN ACTUALLY BASE-- YOU KNOW, PROGRAM IT AND TELL IT
WHEN YOU WANT IT TO COME ON.
SO, IF YOU WANT IT TO COME ON, YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU WALK IN
THE DOOR AFTER A LONG, BUSY DAY, THEY'LL COME ON AND THEY WILL
SHUT OFF 5 HOURS LATER.
>> I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!
>> IT'S PRETTY IMPRESSIVE, IT'S A FUN, LITTLE, YOU KNOW, EXTRA
PERK IN THERE.
BUT ALSO, YOU KNOW, THE THING ABOUT OUR LEDs THAT I FIND SO
IMPRESSIVE IT'S TO YOUR POINT OF THEM FLICKERING.
UM, YOU KNOW, THEY WOULD ALSO BE GREAT FOR ENTERTAINING IN THE
LANTERN OR OUTDOOR, SO THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO
MONITOR THEM, RIGHT?
I MEAN, LET'S FACE IT, SOMETIMES, YOU KNOW,
WE WANT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH OUR FRIENDS--
>> OURSELVES...
>> THAT'S RIGHT, AND SO, CHECKING ON OUR CANDLES
ISN'T AT THE TOP OF THE LIST.
>> [LAUGHS] >> UM, SO THE LEDs ARE A GREAT
SOLUTION IF YOU DON'T WANT AN OPEN FLAME.
>> SURE, AND SOMETIMES, IF--IF IT'S WINDY OUTSIDE, IT'S MUCH
MORE IMPORTANT TO HAVE SOMETHING THAT'S INSIDE.
>> YEAH, AND SAFETY IS SO IMPORTANT.
YOU KNOW, YOU CAN'T JUST LIGHT IT AND JUST SAY,
"GOOD LUCK," YOU KNOW, HOPE ALL IS WELL.
YOU DEFINITELY WANT TO TAKE SOME KINDLE CARE, UM, AND FOR THAT,
IF YOU LIKE AN OPEN FLAME BUT NOT TOO SURE, YOU KNOW, WHAT TO
USE OR FOR SAFETY REASONS, THE JAR, OUR JAR--3-WICK JAR
CANDLE IS PERFECT FOR THAT, BECAUSE YOU CAN SET IT IN THERE.
>> IT'S PROTECTED, TOO.
>> IT'S PROTECTED. IT'S GOING TO BURN BEAUTIFULLY.
AS YOU CAN SEE, IT'S LIQUEFYING AND IT JUST LOOKS ABSOLUTELY
LOVELY, SO...
>> IT REALLY DOES.
>> YEAH, AND THEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.
>> WELL, AND THAT--THAT'S THE KEY TO ENTERTAINING.
>> THAT'S RIGHT.
>> YOU WANT TO HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS YOUR GUESTS DO, HOPEFULLY.
BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT EVERYTHING THROUGH AHEAD OF TIME.
YOU HAVE BEAUTIFUL ACCESSORIES AND THINGS TO ENTERTAIN,
AND THEN YOU NEED TO ENJOY.
>> THAT'S RIGHT.
AND, YOU KNOW, WHEN THE ENTERTAINING IS OVER, THEN YOU
CAN STILL USE THEM IN YOUR HOME, RIGHT? SO, AGAIN,
MORE FOR YOUR MONEY.
SO, YOU KNOW, THERE'S A GOOD SAMPLING FOR EVERYONE AND
DEPENDING ON THEIR LIKES.
>> WELL, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING THESE AND FOR SHARING
THESE GREAT IDEAS WITH US.
>> THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HAVING ME.
>> KRISTINE, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING WITH US TODAY.
I--I LOVE SCRAPBOOKING AND MAKING CARDS AND THINGS LIKE
THAT, BUT I DO REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST STARTED YEARS
AND YEARS AGO, YOU KNOW, YOU HAD SCISSORS AND GLUE,
AND IT WAS SORT OF, LIKE, FIRST- OR SECOND-GRADE ARTWORK, REALLY.
>> THAT'S RIGHT.
>> BUT WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE GROWN--
THE BUSINESS ITSELF WOULD'VE GROWN LIKE IT HAS.
>> IT HAS EXPLODED.
THERE'RE SO MANY CHOICES IT CAN BECOME OVERWHELMING.
>> MM-HMM.
>> BUT I WANT TO KEEP IT SIMPLE TODAY, UM, BECAUSE SIMPLE
IS STILL THE BEST WAY TO GO, EVEN THOUGH THERE'RE A LOT
OF DIFFERENT CHOICES.
TODAY, WE'RE GOING TO TALK PARTIES, BECAUSE THEMED PARTIES
ARE ALL THE RAGE.
AND YOU CAN USE YOUR SCRAPBOOK AND PAPER-CRAFTING SUPPLIES.
AND TODAY I'M FOCUSING ON--LOOK AT THIS CUTE PARTY ENSEMBLE.
>> EVERYTHING COORDINATES.
>> EVERYTHING WORKS TOGETHER THANKS TO SOME BEAUTIFUL
THEMED COLORS THAT WE'VE CHOSEN OURSELVES, AND, OF COURSE, SOME
OF THESE GREAT SHAPES THAT ARE CUT WITH "CLOSE TO MY HEART"'S
CRICUT COLLECTION, WHICH IS ALL ABOUT PARTIES.
>> AND SO, IF I WANTED TO DO A SPACE THEME OR A LITTLE GIRL'S
PRINCESS PARTY-- >> YES.
>> I COULD JUST GO TO THAT ONE THEME?
>> EXACTLY. WE HAVE--THE CARTRIDGE HAS 22 DIFFERENT
CUPCAKE LINERS ALONE, SO, YOU'RE BOUND TO FIND ONE
THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOUR PARTY.
SO, YOU CAN SEE WE'VE GOT THE INVITATION WITH THE LITTLE
BALLOONS, THIS CUTE CUPCAKE LINER AND PICK, A FUN, LITTLE
PARTY HAT FOR ALL YOUR REVELERS, A LITTLE TREAT TUBE FOR THEM
TO GO HOME WITH AND, OF COURSE, MY FRUIT PUNCH WITH THE STRAW.
>> WITH THE STRAW!
>> EVERYTHING COMES TOGETHER, SO IF YOU ARE REALLY PICKY ABOUT
A PERFECT PARTY, YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE WORKING WITH SOME OF
THESE SUPPLIES.
>> BUT, AGAIN, YOU DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME MANY TIMES.
>> NO.
>> AND SO, YOU DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONTHS GETTING READY.
>> ABSOLUTELY! PLEASE, NO.
PLEASE, NO.
LET'S JUST SPEND, LIKE, AN AFTERNOON PUTTING THIS PARTY
TOGETHER FOR OUR 8-YEAR-OLD.
NOW, TODAY WE'RE GOING TO FOCUS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS CUTE
TREAT BAG.
>> UH-HUH.
>> SO, ISN'T THAT FUN?
IT'S A FOOD-SAFE TREAT BAG, SO YOU CAN SLIDE A COOKIE IN IT
OR SOME OTHER TREATS FOR YOUR PARTYGOERS.
AND IT'S GOT SOME STAMPED ELEMENTS THAT ARE ALSO CUT FROM
THOSE CRICUT SHAPES TO MAKE IT REALLY EASY AND UNIQUE.
>> AND SO, THIS IS WHAT WE'RE GOING TO MAKE.
>> WE ARE, WE ARE, SO, WE'LL START WITH THE GLASSINE BAG.
LIKE I SAID, IT'S JUST A LITTLE PAPER POUCH.
WE CAN SET THAT ASIDE FOR JUST A SECOND.
THE REAL CHARM OF THIS PROJECT, ALL THESE PROJECTS, COMES
TOGETHER WITH CRICUT CUT IMAGES AND STAMP SETS.
SO, LET ME BACK THIS SO YOU CAN SEE.
>> OH, SO, THESE COORDINATE WITH THE CUTOUTS?
>> THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT.
>> OH! OKAY.
>> THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT.
SO, EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS DARLING, I DID NOT HAVE TO
HAND-TRIM ONE OF THESE, WHICH WOULD'VE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME.
SO, THIS IS THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY SET DESIGNED TO COORDINATE
WITH OUR CRICUT COLLECTION.
>> OH, I SEE THE BALLOON-- >> YEAH.
AND THERE'S THE BANNER.
EXACTLY RIGHT.
IN FACT, WILL YOU--WILL YOU MIND STAMPING MY BALLOONS FOR ME?
>> I'D LOVE TO TRY THIS!
>> MY BALLOON STAMPER.
THEY JUST PEEL RIGHT OFF THE CARRIER SHEET.
>> MM-HMM.
>> THEY'RE MADE OF A NICE, CLEAR POLYMER. IT'S REALLY DURABLE.
NOW, BEFORE YOU STAMP FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH THE CLEAR STAMP,
YOU WANT TO SEASON IT.
JUST REMOVE SOME OF THE, UH, EXCESS POLYMER FROM THE STAMP
SET.
>> OH, JUST WITH YOUR HAND, YOU MEAN?
>> UH-HUH, YOU CAN JUST RUB IT.
THE OILS ON YOUR HANDS WILL DO A GREAT JOB.
>> OH, I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT!
>> YEAH.
AND THEN, IF WE NEED A LITTLE EXCESS PAPER WE CAN--
WE'LL ALSO WORK ON A NICE CUSHIONED SURFACE.
>> OH, THAT HELPS.
>> WHICH HELPS YOUR BLOCK GET WHAT YOU WANT. NOW, YOU'RE
WORKING WITH OUR CRANBERRY?
>> YES, I LIKE THE CRANBERRY.
MM-HMM.
>> I'M GOING TO STAMP THE "OH, HAPPY DAY" IN OUR SLATE INK.
>> AND I LIKE THESE LITTLE BLOCKS WHERE YOU CAN SEE
THROUGH, BECAUSE SOMETIMES I DON'T PUT THINGS WHERE
THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO GO.
>> YOU KNOW WHAT? THAT IS THE GENIUS OF CLEAR POLYMER STAMPS,
IS THAT YOU GET PERFECT COVERAGE--WHY DON'T YOU STAMP IT
RIGHT HERE, ON THIS BALLOON THAT'S CUT?
>> CAN I TRY IT OVER HERE FIRST?
>> YEAH, YEAH, STAMP IT OFF.
YES, YOU SHOULD, YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD.
>> SO, DOES THIS MEAN, WHERE--WHERE IT'S A LITTLE
LIGHT, DOES THAT MEAN I DIDN'T GET GOOD COVERAGE?
>> EXACTLY RIGHT, EXACTLY RIGHT.
AND YOU'LL ALSO WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS STAMP
ON A FILM PAD.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS...
>> YEAH, I'VE NEVER DONE THAT.
>> VERSIMAT THAT I'M WORKING ON, EVERY STAMP SET COMES WITH
A FOAM CUSHION.
>> OH!
>> SO THAT YOU-- >> OH, I THINK I'VE ALWAYS
THROWN THOSE AWAY. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE FOR.
>> I THINK PEOPLE THINK SOMETIMES THAT THEY ARE
PACKAGING, BUT THEY'RE NOT.
THEY'RE ACTUALLY REALLY USEFUL FOR YOU IN STAMPING.
OH, DARLING!
>> PRETTY GOOD, FOR A BEGINNER.
>> THAT'S AWESOME.
YEP, YOU CAN LOOK RIGHT THROUGH THAT BLOCK
AND SEE HOW YOUR INK COVERAGE LOOKS.
AND THEN YOU CAN-- >> NOW, THAT'S CURVED,
SO, YOU'D HAVE TO HAVE IT.
>> YES.
YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT JUST RIGHT, BUT, AGAIN, THAT'S THE POWER
OF THE CRICUT CUT, IS THAT IT LINES UP VERY,
VERY NICELY, SO THAT WHOLE STAMP FITS RIGHT IN.
>> SO, THIS IS WHAT WE'VE DONE, AND THEN YOU'VE DONE
THE LITTLE BANNER.
>> MM-HMM.
VERY, VERY EASY.
AND THEN I'M JUST GOING TO WHIP IT TOGETHER...
>> OH, YOU'VE GOT ONE.
>> OH, SO QUICKLY.
>> WHAT A GREAT WAY TO USE SCRAPBOOK SCRAPS.
>> IT'S TRUE, BECAUSE NOTHING IN THIS PROJECT USES MORE THAN JUST
A COUPLE INCHES, AND SO...
>> I HAVE A BOX THAT I JUST KEEP, YOU KNOW, AN INCH OF THIS,
3 INCHES OF THAT, AND THIS IS A GREAT PROJECT.
>> NOBODY WANTS TO THROW ANYTHING AWAY,
BUT YOU JUST HOPE-- >> IS THAT FABRIC?
>> IT IS CHEVRON RIBBON.
IT JUST COMES ON A LITTLE SPOOL.
CHEVRON IS A REALLY FUN DESIGN RIGHT NOW.
AND THEN, ALL I NEED TO DO IS STAMP MY LITTLE BALLOON...
STRINGS, YOU CAN SEE THAT IT-- LOOK AT THAT.
>> OH, IT IS--EVEN THE STRING.
>> THAT'S A STAMP.
>> UH-HUH.
>> COMES RIGHT WITH THAT.
>> UH-HUH.
>> LET ME USE MY OUTDOOR DENIM.
YOU CAN SEE THAT I CAN JUST ADD THOSE LITTLE
STRINGS RIGHT HERE, AND THEN WE REALLY ARE READY--
>> OH! AND YOU'RE USE--USING THE FOAM ADHESIVE TO LIFT IT?
>> EXACTLY RIGHT.
I LIKE A LITTLE BIT OF FOAM TAPE, BECAUSE IT GIVES A LITTLE
BIT OF EXTRA DIMENSION TO ANY PROJECT, AND IT'S VERY, VERY
SIMPLE TO WORK WITH.
YOU CAN JUST CUT IT OFF IN ANY LENGTH THAT YOU WANT.
>> MM-HMM.
>> WE HAVE A--A NON-STICK SCISSORS SO THAT THE ADHESIVE
DOESN'T GUM IT UP AT ALL.
>> AND THERE GOES THE BALLOON-- >> THERE GOES OUR BALLOON
NUMBER ONE.
>> UH-HUH.
>> ATTACHED TO ITS FOAM BASE, AND...NOW, YOU'VE STILL GOT SOME
RED INK ON THAT STAMP.
>> MM-HMM.
>> BUT IT'S REALLY, REALLY EASY TO CLEAN IT OFF. YOU CAN JUST
STAMP OFF ON THAT WHITE PAPER TO GET SOME OF YOUR EXCESS RED
INK OFF.
WHEN YOU'RE READY TO TRADE COLORS,
IT'S AS SIMPLE AS USING A LITTLE BIT
OF SPRITZ CLEANER.
I'LL SHOW YOU HOW THAT WORKS.
I'LL HOLD IT OFF SO I DON'T SPRAY YOU.
>> IS THAT, LIKE, AN ALCOHOL BASE?
>> IT IS NOT AN ALCOHOL BASE, BECAUSE ALCOHOL CAN BE
DELETERIOUS TO YOUR STAMPS.
THEY ARE NOT A FRIEND OF POLYMER.
>> OH, I SEE.
AND THAT'S WHAT? A LITTLE BRUSH?
>> IT'S A NON-TOXIC, UM, CLEANER, AND THIS A BRUSH,
AND IT WILL HELP GET--NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW IT'S
TOTALLY CLEAR, AND THEN I CAN STAMP MY SECOND BALLOON IN A
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COLOR, AND I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY
ABOUT BLEED-THROUGH.
>> UH-HUH.
>> OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, AND...
>> I'VE--I'VE NEVER REALIZED, BUT I HAVE STAMPED ON A HARD
SURFACE BEFORE AND--AND YOU DON'T GET THE FULL COVERAGE.
>> THAT'S RIGHT.
ON A CUSHION SURFACE, LOOK HOW EVEN THAT IS.
>> IT IS.
>> IT'S GOING TO LOOK PERFECT EVERY TIME.
AND THEN, I'M GOING TO CUT THIS.
SO, REALLY, IN THE SPACE OF ABOUT 3 MINUTES?
>> UH-HUH.
>> WE HAVE MADE OUR FIRST TREAT BAG, AND IT'S SO ADORABLE,
TOTALLY THEMED.
>> HOW CUTE.
YOU KNOW, I THINK THIS WOULD BE A FUN ACTIVITY ALSO FOR
KIDS TO MAKE THEIR OWN.
>> WHAT A FUN IDEA TO HAVE THEM WORK ON THAT AND DECORATE THEIR
OWN FAVOR BAG BEFORE THEY GO HOME FROM THE PARTY.
GREAT IDEA.
>> WELL, THE HATS AND EVERYTHING.
WHAT A CUTE IDEA AND HOW FAST WAS THAT.
>> MM-HMM.
>> THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING US HOW TO DO THIS.
>> YOU'RE VERY WELCOME.
>> SUE, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE, AND WHEN--WHEN YOU
SAID WE WERE GOING TO TALK ABOUT LEADERSHIP, AT FIRST I THOUGHT,
"WELL, I DON'T KNOW IF THAT WOULD BE WHAT MY AUDIENCE WOULD
BE INTERESTED IN."
I TEND--MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS "LEADERSHIP IN THE CORPORATE
WORLD," OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
BUT THAT'S NOT TRUE.
EV--WHETHER IT'S A STAY-AT-HOME MOM OR DAD, UH, OR IF IT'S
SOMEONE WHO HAS CHILDREN OR DOESN'T HAVE CH--REALLY,
LEADERSHIP, WE FIND OURSELVES IN LEADERSHIP ROLES EVEN
WHEN WE DIDN'T WANT TO, MAYBE.
>> EXACTLY! WELL, YOU THINK ABOUT, UM, ALL
THE GREAT LEADERS THAT YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE.
YOU KNOW, YOU FIND--ACTUALLY, WHEN I ASK THAT QUESTION,
THERE'S FAR FEWER GREAT LEADERS THAN BAD LEADERS.
>> OH!
>> SO, TO ME--YOU KNOW, AND YOU COULD EVEN EXP--BRING THAT
BACK TO MAYBE EVEN MANAGERS, PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO
MANAGE PEOPLE.
>> OH, YEAH.
>> AND WHEN I--WHEN I SYNTHESIZE LEADERSHIP DOWN, IT'S ALL ABOUT
THE PEOPLE, AND LEADERSHIP DOES NOT NECESSARILY NEED TO BE THAT
COMPLICATED.
AND IF YOU THINK ABOUT THE KIND OF PERSON THAT YOU
ADMIRE AS A LEADER, IT'S THE PERSON THAT WOULD GET IN THE
TRENCHES WITH YOU WHEN--WHEN YOU NEED, THEY'D WALK THE TALK.
>> UH-HUH.
>> THEY DON'T JUST TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.
>> DELEGATE EVERYTHING.
>> THEY'RE ACTUALLY IN THERE, IN THE TRENCHES WITH YOU.
AND THAT DOES NOT JUST SIGNIFY A GREAT LEADER, IT--IT
SIGNIFIES A GREAT TEAM PERSON, BECAUSE A LEADER REALLY NEEDS
TO RECOGNIZE THAT THEIR TEAM IS MOST IMPORTANT.
AND YOU'RE RIGHT, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST, YOU KNOW,
IN THE WORK LEADERSHIP, BUT IF YOU'RE--IF
YOU ARE IN A CHURCH, YOU KNOW, YOU DEMONSTRATE LEADERSHIP
SKILLS WHEN YOU ARE ON A COMMITTEE.
UH, IF YOU'RE ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, IF YOU WORK IN A
NON-PROFIT, IF YOU VOLUNTEER.
THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO EXERT LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES IN THOSE
ARENAS, AND, UM, I FIND THAT, UM, PEOPLE SHY AWAY FROM
THE LEADERSHIP ROLE WHEN THEY REALLY SHOULD BE JUMPING INTO
THE LEADERSHIP ROLE, AND--AND IF YOU CAN REMEMBER THAT IT'S
REALLY JUST ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE, I THINK YOU'RE
IN A BETTER POSITION.
>> MM-HMM.
UH, AN EXAMPLE OF SOMEONE, UM-- I KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS CHAIRED
A SPECIFIC COMMITTEE IN A CIVIC CLUB, AND THIS PERSON IS THE
HARDEST WORKING PERSON YOU'D EVER FIND.
>> MM-HMM.
>> BUT WHERE--EVEN THOUGH SHE'S WILLING TO WORK HARD,
SHE'S NOT ABLE TO BRING OTHERS INTO HER--INTO THE REALM,
AND MAKE THEM FEEL IMPORTANT, SO, THEREFORE, SHE
UNFORTUNATELY ENDS UP DOING 90% OF THE WORK,
AND THOSE THAT MIGHT WOULD HELP IF THEY WERE JUST ASKED OR
PULLED ALONG A LITTLE BIT, WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP,
THE PROJECT WOULD GO BETTER, THE CHAIRMAN WOULDN'T BE SO
STRESSED OUT AND UPSET OVER NO ONE HELPING--
>> RIGHT.
>> AND--AND I THINK WE'VE ALL WORKED WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT.
>> AND I WONDER SOMETIMES IF SOMEBODY'S NOT JUST COACHED
SOMEBODY TO, YOU KNOW-- YOU'RE KIND OF DESCRIBING
A TYPICAL MICROMANAGER THAT HAS TO DO IT ALL.
>> RIGHT.
>> AND, UM--AND I WORK WITH PEOPLE THAT ALL THE TIME THAT
SAY, "WELL, YOU KNOW, I DON'T TRUST THAT
ANYBODY IS GOING TO DO IT AS WELL AS I," WELL, THAT'S--
THAT'S THE NUMBER-ONE CARDINAL RULE IN BAD LEADERSHIP.
I MEAN, YOU DON'T DO IT THAT WAY.
SO, YOU HAVE TO INSTILL TRUST WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WORK WITH
YOU, SO, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LET GO A LITTLE--A LITTLE BIT
OF THE QUALITY IN ORDER TO EMPOWER PEOPLE.
>> UH-HUH.
>> SO, IF YOU DON'T DELEGATE TO PEOPLE, THEY GET THE MESSAGE
THAT THEY'RE NOT WORTHY.
>> THEY'RE NOT NEEDED.
>> THEY'RE NOT NEEDED, THAT THEY CAN'T DO IT.
SO, I--I THINK LEADERSHIP SORT OF SEEPS INTO EVERY PART
OF OUR LIFE, AND EITHER, UM--AND THAT WOMAN,
OR WHOEVER IT IS, UM--SO, INSTEAD OF BRINGING THE TEAM
TOGETHER, SHE'S ACTUALLY BECOMING A ONE-MAN,
ONE-PERSON TEAM.
>> MICROMANAGING, LIKE YOU SAID.
>> RIGHT, SO, I--I THINK THAT, YOU KNOW, THERE'S A COUPLE
OF THINGS THAT PEOPLE NEED TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN THEY ARE
IN A LEADERSHIP ROLE, AND THAT IS UNDERSTANDING
THEMSELVES...
YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SHORTCOMINGS ARE,
AND SO, SOMETIMES EVEN SIMPLY HER SAYING, UM, "BOY, YOU KNOW,
I KNOW I TEND TO OVER-DELEGATE-- I TEND TO DO THIS ALL MYSELF,
AND I TEND TO CONTROL TOO MUCH OF THIS PROJECT.
ANYTIME YOU SEE ME DOING THAT, I WANT YOU TO STEP UP AND--
AND ADDRESS IT," BECAUSE SHE'S DOING IT
BECAUSE THAT'S HOW SHE GOES ABOUT DOING A PROJECT.
>> IT'S HER STYLE OR HER METHOD.
>> SHE MIGHT BE ABLE TO BE COACHED INTO BEING A BETTER
LEADER. YOU KNOW, IT'S NOT A BIG DEPARTURE FROM THAT
TO BEING A GREAT LEADER AND A LEADER THAT'S
WILLING TO BE GENEROUS AND OPEN FOR EVERYBODY
TO--TO PARTICIPATE.
>> BUT SOME OF US MAY NOT REALIZE WE'RE THAT WAY, SO,
THAT'S WHY, LIKE YOU SAID, IT WOULD BE GOOD IF SHE JUST
STATED IT UPFRONT, AND IT WOULD MAKE THE REST OF
THE COMMITTEE FEEL LIKE "WELL, MAYBE I COULD TALK TO HER
AFTER THE MEETING, AND MAKE A SUGGESTION OR TWO."
>> AND I THINK THE LEADER HAS THE MAIN--IT'S, YOU KNOW--
IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN A LEADERSHIP POSITION, YOU HAVE
THE RESPONSIBILITY TO LEARN ALL YOU CAN ABOUT BEING A LEADER.
>> MM-HMM, AND THERE'S LOTS OF TOPICS WRITTEN ABOUT IT.
>> [SCOFFS] >> BUT THE ONE THING I THINK
THAT IS SO IMPORTANT IS LEADERS AREN'T USUALLY BORN LEADERS.
IT'S--IT'S A TRAIT, OR A CHARACTER, OR SOMETHING THAT WE
CAN DEVELOP.
>> THAT'S CORRECT.
AND--AND YOU REALLY--IT'S NOT-- I MEAN, IT'S NOT SIMPLE.
IT'S SIMPLE, NOT EASY.
>> OKAY.
>> IT'S SIMPLE, NOT EASY.
SO, YOU KNOW, IF YOU THINK ABOUT UNDERSTANDING WHO YOU ARE,
AND WE ALL KNOW OURSELVES PRETTY WELL, BUT I'VE RUN
INTO SOME PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO IDEA HOW CAUSTIC
THEY CAN BE, AND AS A LEADER THAT DOESN'T
NECESSARILY WORK.
SO, YOU HAVE TO BE INTROSPECTIVE ENOUGH TO SAY, "HOW AM I
IMPACTING THIS GROUP?
AM I MOTIVATING THEM?
AM I HELPING THEM GROW?
OR AM I--IS THIS JUST ABOUT ME?"
>> LIKE, TURNING THEM OFF.
>> RIGHT. SO, THAT'S--THAT'S THE SELF-AWARENESS PIECE,
AND WE CALL THAT "EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE,"
UM, AND IN THE ARENA OF UNDERSTANDING THAT PEOPLE WANT
TO WORK WITH PEOPLE AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT THAT,
AND THE LEADER'S JOB IS TO MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT THAT.
>> YEAH.
AND--AND SOMETIMES, AND THIS WOULD BE TRUE IN THIS SITUATION
I'M TALKING ABOUT IS, WE HAVE NO IDEA WHY WE'RE HAVING A
COMMITTEE MEETING. YOU KNOW, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE GOALS ARE,
WE DON'T KNOW WHAT--WHAT THE OUTCOME'S SUPPOSED TO BE, WE
JUST SIGNED UP TO HELP WITH IT.
>> MM-HMM.
>> AND THEN, IF WE DON'T HAVE A CAPABLE OR COMPETENT LEADER,
WE PRETTY SOON QUIT COMING TO THE MEETINGS BECAUSE THERE--
WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE THERE FOR ANYWAY.
>> THAT'S RIGHT, AND SO--SO PART OF THE JOB FOR THE LEADER
IS TO PAINT THE PICTURE.
>> MM-HMM.
>> YOU KNOW, THE BIG PICTURE-- "WHERE ARE WE GOING" AND "WHY
ARE YOU HERE," "WHY ARE-- WHY IS IT NECESSARY FOR YOU
TO BE HERE."
AND SO--AND HELPING EACH PERSON.
YOU KNOW, YOU HAVE TO BE-- YOU CAN BE NICE TO BE A LEADER,
BUT YOU ALSO HAVE TO BE DIRECTIVE, YOU HAVE TO--
PEOPLE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEIR ROLE IS
ON THE COMMITTEE.
>> RIGHT.
>> "HERE'S MY EXPECTATION OF YOU."
SO, LEADERS HAVE TO BE WILLING TO ADAPT, AND MORPH, AND CHANGE
AS--WE CALL IT "SITUATIONAL LEADERSHIP," BUT AS THE
SITUATION CHANGES, YOU CHANGE HOW YOU LEAD.
SO, IF YOU HAVE--IF YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF, UM, VERY DIRECT,
AGGRESSIVE PEOPLE, YOUR LEADERSHIP STYLE MAY BE
DIFFERENT THAN IF YOU HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF, YOU KNOW,
NICE WOMEN THAT DON'T--THAT ARE LESS ASSERTIVE MAYBE.
>> UH-HUH.
>> SO, YOU HAVE TO MORPH INTO WHAT KIND OF LEADER
YOU WANT TO BE.
>> AND--AND THAT AFFECTS YOUR-- THE WAY YOU COMMUNICATE
WITH THEM, TOO.
>> THAT'S CORRECT.
>> UM, YOU MAYBE CAN JOKE A LOT AND GET THE JOB DONE, BUT ON THE
OTHER HAND IT MAY BE THAT YOU'VE GOT TO REALLY STICK TO AN
AGENDA, AND--AND LET THEM KNOW WHAT THE GOALS ARE--
>> THAT'S RIGHT.
>> AND REALLY WORK HARD AT IT.
>> WELL, AND, YOU KNOW, YOU CAN'T--YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE
LEADING ANYBODY IF YOUR TEAM ABANDONS YOU.
>> [LAUGHS] >> SO, IT'S A PRETTY LONELY JOB.
YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT ALL YOURSELF.
SO--SO AN INHERENT PIECE OF THAT IS, UM, MAKING EVERYTHING
RELEVANT FOR THE PEOPLE ON THE TEAM, SO THAT THEY FEEL LIKE
THEY'RE VALUED AND, UM, RESPECTED.
>> WELL, THAT'S TRUE, AND IT--IT'S REALLY WONDERFUL
WHEN YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO EITHER BE EMPLOYED BY SOMEONE
OR ON A COMMITTEE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS A GREAT LEADER,
BECAUSE IT MAKES IT SUCH A JOYFUL EXPERIENCE.
>> IT IS, BUT, YOU KNOW, IF YOU'RE A BEGINNING LEADER,
THERE'S NO REASON WHY YOU--IF I JUST TOOK A
JOB AS A COMMITTEE CHAIR, THERE'S NO REASON WHY YOU CAN'T
SAY, "HOW DO YOU ALL WANT ME TO LEAD YOU?"
>> MM-HMM.
>> "DO YOU--DO YOU LIKE ME TO DELEGATE AND LET YOU GO WITH IT?
DO YOU LIKE A LITTLE MORE DIRECTION?
DO YOU WANT ME TO BE..."
YOU KNOW, SO, ASK THE TEAM HOW THEY WANT TO,
BECAUSE I REALLY WOULD RATHER JUST "GIVE ME MY JOB,"
AND THEN I'LL GO AND DO IT.
I'LL BE--I'LL BE FANTASTIC AT IT.
UM, SO, I'M--I'M DOING A RETREAT THIS COMING
WEEK WITH--FOR SPECIAL EVENTS IN OUR TOWN,
AND MY JOB IS TO PAINT THE VISION, WHERE I'D LIKE US TO GO,
AND THEN GET THEIR INPUT ON EACH OF THE PIECES, SO THAT WE CAN
HAVE A STRONG COMMITTEE.
AND--AND BE ABLE TO DO EVERYTHING WE NEED TO DO, BUT I
DON'T WANT TO DO IT ALL MYSELF-- >> NO.
>> BUT I WANT TO HELP THEM DO IT THE BEST THEY CAN DO IT.
SO--SO-- >> AND WHEN YOU MAKE OTHER
PEOPLE BE SUCCESSFUL, IT REALLY PAYS OFF.
>> IT ALWAYS DOES.
>> BECAUSE THEY'LL VOLUNTEER AGAIN, OR THEY'LL COME BACK, OR
THEN THEY'LL BECOME THE LEADERS.
>> WELL, YOU KNOW, THE--SOME OF THE STATISTICS SAY THAT
YOUR LEADER IS--UP TO 70% IS, UM, WHY PEOPLE LEAVE, UP TO
70% THE REASON PEOPLE LEAVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BAD MANAGER,
THEY HAVE A BAD LEADER.
IT'S IMPORTANT TO BE ABLE TO LEAD PEOPLE AND MAKE PEOPLE FEEL
GOOD ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT THEY ARE IN.
>> SO--SO, IT IS CRITICAL, AND I THINK IN OUR COUNTRY,
WE NEED TO LOOK DOWN AT OUR YOUTH AND MAKE SURE THE--THE
KIDS ARE GETTING, UM, INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO BE
GOOD LEADERS.
IN FACT, I'M GOING TO TALK TO A GROUP OF SIXTH-GRADERS
THIS COMING WEEK ABOUT HOW DO YOU DEVELOP LEADERSHIP
SKILLS IN THE SIXTH GRADE.
>> SO, IT'S IMPORTANT-- >> TO START EARLY.
>> YEAH, SO WE'RE NOT SO SURPRISED WHEN WE GET TO BE
OUR AGE AND, LIKE, "OH!"
>> I HAVE TO DO WHAT?
>> WHAT? YOU WANT ME TO LEAD?
>> HA HA! WELL, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING WITH US TODAY.
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE SHOW TODAY.
NEXT TIME ON "CREATIVE LIVING," WE'LL LEARN HOW TO MAKE RUFFLES
AND BOWS WITH FONDANT, WE'LL LEARN HOW TO CREATE
OUR OWN CUSTOM UPHOLSTERED HEADBOARD, AND SHOW
HOW TO INCORPORATE CHIA SEEDS FOR A PALEO DIET.
ONE OF MY NEXT GUESTS IS GOING TO DEMONSTRATE USING FONDANT TO
MAKE BEAUTIFUL RUFFLES AND BOWS FOR CAKES AND CUPCAKES.
ANOTHER GUEST REPRESENTS THE COMPANY THAT MAKES KITS FOR
HEADBOARDS, TUFFETS, CORNICES, AND OTHER DO-IT-YOURSELF
PROJECTS, AND SHE'S GOING TO SHOW HOW TO MAKE A BEAUTIFUL,
CUSTOM UPHOLSTERED HEADBOARD, WHICH WILL MAKE YOUR BEDROOM
A HAVEN OF COMFORT.
AND FINALLY, WE'LL TALK TO A COOKBOOK AUTHOR AND DIETITIAN
WHO WILL DISCUSS THE PALEO DIET AND WHAT IT CONSISTS OF.
THEN SHE'LL DEMONSTRATE USING CHIA SEEDS, WHICH ARE HIGH
IN OMEGA-3 AND HAVE A LONG SHELF LIFE.
ALL OF THESE TOPICS WILL BE FEATURED ON THE NEXT "CREATIVE
LIVING" SHOW.
IF YOU EVER HAVE COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS FOR SHOWS,
YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT SHERYL.BORDEN@ENMU.EDU.
I'D ALSO LIKE TO ASK YOU TO BECOME A FAN OF "CREATIVE
LIVING" ON FACEBOOK.
JUST GO TO FACEBOOK.COM, AND IN THE SEARCH WINDOW TYPE IN
"CREATIVE LIVING WITH SHERYL BORDEN."
THANKS SO MUCH, AND I HOPE YOU PLAN TO JOIN ME NEXT TIME
FOR "CREATIVE LIVING."
>> WE ARE VERY PLEASED TO OFFER A NEW BOOKLET THAT ACCOMPANIES
THIS SERIES OF "CREATIVE LIVING."
THIS BOOKLET IS TITLED "THE 6600 SERIES," AND IT FEATURES
A WONDERFUL COLLECTION OF IDEAS AND INFORMATION, AND IT'S
AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE ON OUR WEBSITE.
POSTED AS A PDF FILE, YOU CAN SIMPLY DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE
BOOKLET OR JUST THE SEGMENTS YOU'RE MOST INTERESTED IN.
AS WITH ALL OF THE "CREATIVE LIVING" BOOKLETS, YOU'LL FIND
INFORMATION ON FOODS AND NUTRITION, CLOTHING AND FASHION,
HEALTH AND BEAUTY, HOME DECORATING, AND MUCH MORE.
FOR YOUR COPY OF THIS BOOKLET, GO TO OUR WEBSITE AT KENW.ORG
AND THEN CLICK ON "CREATIVE LIVING," SCROLL DOWN TO THE
BOOKLETS SECTION, AND YOU CAN CLICK ON THIS BOOKLET
OR ANY OF THE OTHER BOOKLETS WE HAVE AVAILABLE ONLINE.
ONCE AGAIN, JUST GO TO KENW.ORG, CLICK ON "CREATIVE LIVING," AND
DOWNLOAD THE BOOKLET, TITLED "THE 6600 SERIES."
WE ALSO WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE
E-NEWSLETTER.
JUST CLICK ON THE "SIGN UP NOW" BUTTON AND INPUT YOUR E-MAIL
ADDRESS.
THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT.
YOU'LL ENJOY READING AN UP-TO-DATE NEWSLETTER FILLED
WITH INTERESTING TOPICS AND INFORMATION.
THANK YOU.